SWIMMING, more than just a sport
Swim for fun, water safety, health, fitness or competition – ALL AGES, ALL ABILITIES, SWIM FOR LIFE
Our friendly team will welcome you at the gate and ensure that your time spent at our swimming complex is an enjoyable one. Our pool is a 25m pool with 6 lanes and shaded baby pool.
We installed two huge in ground tanks to harvest pure rain water; the water harvested is used to give our patrons the best possible water quality.
Swim through Summer and Winter – our pool is heated. To keep the water at optimum temperature we use pool covers to retain the warmth.
- Lap Swimming – we always make room for our lap swimmers.
- Learn-to-swim – after 30 years of teaching aquatics we believe that the ideal way for children or adults to learn to swim is by having private lessons and our Learn to Swim philosophy is based on this ideal. These lessons consist of one on one instruction for 15 minute duration for 10 lessons over a 2 week period. This individual instruction creates a special trust and bond between the pupil and teacher which is paramount in the learning process.
- Beginnings of Swimming Baby Lessons – baby classes are a gentle introduction to the water environment. They include water discovery, early buoyancy, breath control and submersion. This involves working with babies from 0 – 3 years helping them to familiarise themselves with the water through fun games, simple drills and positive re-enforcement. When done in a group children’s coordination and communication skills are enhanced in the aquatic environment.
- Squads – We have squads running daily. Levels available are mini, junior and senior.
Mini squad involves children gaining a basic understanding of freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly. This squad reinforces the early stages of the children’s development in fitness and the benefits of aquatic skills. Various tasks are set to be performed to address areas in need of improvement.
Junior squad involves breathing patterns, technique, timing, starts, turns and finishes, fitness, nutrition and goal setting. Children will begin learning all strokes with emphasis on technique.
Senior squad these squads will improve effectiveness in all aspects of training, such as strength, speed, flexibility and reaction time. The children’s attitude to training is improved through goal setting, teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Aqua Fitness classes – these are run during the week in our Summer Season on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 – 10am. If the heat stops you from exercising then Aqua Fitness is for you. Working out in the water means the exercises are low impact and resistance. Stay fit, stay cool, have fun and set your own pace. It is also a great way to socialise with friends and meet new people.
Twilight Aqua Fitness – Wednesdays 6 – 7pm.
- Swimming Club – Crescent Aquatic Centre is the home of the Crescent Head Pointers Swimming Club Inc. Our weekly swim meet is on Tuesday night from 5pm for a 5:30pm start with a BBQ held at the end of the meet. The aim of the night is to help build team spirit and achieve personal bests. Parents and children are encouraged to join in and swim and make the most of the night. Point Score winners are announced and prizes received. Interested persons are always welcome to come along and join in the fun and excitement. End of year presentation is held to celebrate our successes throughout the year.